His five needs are:
1. Sexual Fulfillment. Men have a strong sex drive, period. The typical wife doesn’t understand her husband’s deep need for sex any more than the typical husband understands his wife’s need for affection. Women need affection and romantic sex. Men just need sex often.
2. Recreational Companionship. He needs her to be his playmate. Spending recreational time with his wife is second only to sex for the typical husband. It is important to find activities that you both enjoy.
3. An Attractive Spouse. He needs a good-looking wife. When she looks good, he feels good. Attractiveness is what you do with what you have. The wife needs to watch her weight, use makeup to her best advantage, get hairstyles he likes, and dress to be attractive to and for your husband.
4. Domestic Support. He needs peace, quiet, and an orderly home. In our culture, with many wives working, this has become a bigger problem, but the need is still important to a man.
5. Admiration. He needs her to be proud of him. Self-esteem usually begins at home. A wife’s admiration inspires and strengths her husband to handle greater responsibilities. Behind every successful man is an admiring wife.
For the married people reading this, which one of these five needs do you feel you are the weakest at? I wrote this article with the intention that you would be able to use this information to make a quick evaluation as to where you might bring some energy home to in order to strength your marriage. All improvement counts and can make a big different.